December 18, 2010

Backpacking Trip

I know it's been a while since I wrote, but last few weeks have just been hectic. But I officially stopped work two days ago, so I have some me time!

I'd initially planned to be out of here by last week. What with my myomectomy and all, I decided to extend my stay by another three weeks. So that meant I was going to be in India for Christmas and the New Year and no plans made. And also quite skint too.

So, I've decided to go on a 10-day backpack trip across Rajasthan and a visit to Agra as well. This will take me right through Christmas and I'll be back in Ahmedabad for the New Year.

Plan is to go Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Jaipur - Agra - Jodhpur - Ahnedabad. I'll be travelling coach in trains and staying at budget hostels / hotels. As I write this, my train's just crawling into the station at Udaipur. Here's hoping my 2 days here are going to be fun before I leave for Jaipur tomorrow night!

Ps - being the superstitious African that I am. I hope the fact that I got knocked down (I mean literal glasses flying in the air knocked down) by some eejit driver on my way to the train station last night means the worst of the trip is behind and it can only get better from here on. Amen!
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

No comments:

Post a Comment