November 15, 2010

Back to Work

I went back to work today. It was good to leave the house and be up and about. Although everyone knew I'd been away for girl surgery. Even the building guard gestured to my stomach and asked how I was. I tried not to be too mortified.

One thing I've noticed is how quickly shame and embarrassment give way in this circumstance. I've had a doctor poke a joystick, condom and all up my vagina. I've had another stick two of her fingers in me while her male colleague looked on. And then the nurses in the hospital wanted to give me a shave before surgery, thank God I was spared that one since I had remembered to do it myself before going in.

As if that's not enough, everyone had a gander at the tumours while I was passed out, and nicely (not?) thought to take pictures for posterity. Then of course I go into the office today and one of the girls wanted to raise my top to have a look.

Boundaries people!!! Ever heard of that?

Oh well it's too late now. I think I lost my last vestiges of pride just about when they were sticking a pain suppository up my butt!
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

No comments:

Post a Comment