November 05, 2010

I haven't written in a while. Chiefly because when you are lying down in bed 22 hours a day, there's really nothing happening beyond what you had for breakfast (in this case muesli and yoghurt), lunch (pasta), dinner (home delivery/brown rice/tandoori chicken); and since I've been eating the same meals, even that hasn't changed.

Been to the hospital twice this week, and another one scheduled for tomorrow. Got my stitches taken out, but not quite fully closed yet in a couple of spots. I have to remember to roll out of bed and not sit upright as I normally do.

Also not supposed to carry stuff, but when you live alone in a hostel and the water filter is on the below, that stuff's inevitable. Yesterday had to run to the store cos I was out of yogurt and veggies and running low on easy cook pasta. Kind of felt sad that I'd to do this myself, but I'm a big girl right?

Highpoint so far is I've lost about 8kg between Op day and today. Let me list what's great about that (counting my blessings here)
1. I'm no longer considered obese statistically
2. I'm below 200 pounds / 90kg. Haven't been this weight since I was about 15
3. I'm on track to meet my birthday goal weight of 175 Ibs / 79kg. And then I'll be on to phase two
4. I look good

So that's me. I've also started reading the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. It's a series of about 11 books so far on an African Miss Marple-like character set in Botswana. I've read about half the books before but never in order (which doesn't matter really) and not from the beginning. The books are good, quite interesting, apart from the occasional Nigeria-bashing. And valid or not, that gets to me!
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

No comments:

Post a Comment