October 24, 2010

The Countdown Starts

I got admitted into the hospital today. And so the countdown to my Myomectomy has started. I'm scared, really really scared.
It doesn't help that I'm in a public hospital in India cos I have no insurance and that's all I can afford right now.
The hospital is on the campus of a medical college and they have really experienced doctors who have years of practical experience. Another thing is that since the hospital's so cheap they get loads of patients and therefore have quite extensive experience performing the kind of operation I'm having.
I went to the hospital this evening with SM (same friend who was with me at the doctor's) and a colleague from the office who has agreed to spend the nights with me for the duration of my stay in hospital and will therefore not be working days in the office till I leave hospital.
Soon as we walk into the ward, all the women patients and their visitors go into alert mode. I'm sure they are wondering what 2 foreigners are doing in THIS hospital. I'm wondering the same myself. It feels so surreal.
Ten days ago my most pressing concern was how to get curl activator to make my twa more manageable, tonight I'm getting ready for surgery tomorrow.
So I'm here with my pillow and bed linen and a bunch of novels, a couple of trashy ones included. I've already been given a tetanus injection and will have an enema in a couple of hours.
It's all good though, the end justifies the process and I just keep telling myself, this too shall pass!
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

No comments:

Post a Comment